Explore Apollo Tuition is committed to being transparent about how your data is collected and used. This policy aims to inform you of how we meet our data protection obligations. This policy explains how we protect your data and individual rights, as well as obligations in relation to personal data.
Email address: Aufinnen@gmail.com
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO. Therefore, please contact us in the first instance.
When you express interest in Explore Apollo tuition and book a free trial session, we will collect and process the following data from you:
- Your name.
- Email address, which will be used to send you a confirmation email or for further contact regarding your tuition.
- Mobile phone number, which will be used to send you a confirmation SMS or for further contact regarding your tuition.
- Child’s name, age, school and reason for interest in tuition.
- Parent/Guardian’s name, postal and email address and phone number for contacting.
- Sessions payer’s name, postal and email address, contact phone numbers (if not parent/ guardian).
- Emergency contact’s names and phone numbers.
- Child/children’s name, age, date of birth and school.
- Information about any Special Educational Needs of child/children.
Who is responsible for your data?
Our data protection officer is Finnen Au. The data protection officer is responsible for making sure that your data is stored and processed safely. You can contact him 07903 857471 for any concerns or enquires.
We only store or process data which you have given directly to us and which we need to provide our service.
The data we collect:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account details.
- Transaction Data, includes details about payments to and from you and other details services you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases, feedbacks and survey responses.
If you fail to provide personal data:
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel the service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
What can I opt out of?
When you join Explore Apollo Tuition, you have one consent option: You have the option of allowing us to use your child’s photo for the purpose of promoting Explore Apollo Tuition during and/or after your membership. If we wish to use your child’s photo for these purposes, we will get permission from the parent/ Gradian in advance.
Who will your personal information be shared with?
If we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or if the disclosure is necessary for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation or to safeguard your child, we will do so. In some circumstances, you may not be notified first. However, other than these circumstances, your personal information will not be shared with anyone outside of the Explore Apollo Tuition team.
What happens with my data when I finish with your tuition and how is it retained?
Upon cancellation of your lessons, your data will be stored safely and securely. We will retain your personal data for a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 3 years, following cancellation of your membership to comply with relevant safeguarding bodies regulations.
- Registers of attendance will be kept for 3 years.
- Feedback and references will be kept forever.
Explore Apollo Tuition understands ‘consent’ to mean: it has been explicitly and freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she by statement, or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her. The consent of the data subject can be withdrawn at any time. You can withdraw consent at any time, as we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case, at the time you withdraw your consent.
Security of data:
Manual records may not be left where they can be accessed by unauthorised personnel and may not be removed from business premises without explicit authorisation. As soon as manual records are no longer required for day-to-day membership support, they should be archived. Personal data may only be deleted or disposed of in line with the Data Retention Procedure. Manual records that have reached their retention date are to be shredded and disposed of as ‘confidential waste’.
Rights of access to data:
Data subjects have the right to access any personal data (i.e. data about them) which is held in electronic format and manual records which form part of a relevant filing system.
To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us
Disclosure of data:
Explore Apollo Tuition must ensure that personal data is not disclosed to unauthorised third parties which includes family members, friends, government bodies. Explore Apollo Tuition will only disclose and discuss personal data with the Primary contact.
The GDPR permits certain disclosures without consent so long as the information is requested for one or more of the following purposes:
- To safeguard national security
- Prevention or detection of crime including the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- Assessment or collection of tax duty
- To protect the vital interests of the individual
- To safeguard our members including contact with local safeguarding boards
Updates to this policy:
This policy is reviewed frequently and updated on the Explore Apollo Tuition website. You may, therefore, want to visit our website regularly to view our most up to date policy.
Explore Apollo Tuition team